Street Corn Pizza with Smokey Bacon (Pita Pizza or No-rise Crust)
Serves 3-6 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total: 26 minutes
• 1 cup APF
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• ½ cup warm water
• 1 teaspoon honey
• ½ teaspoon instant yeast
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 4 strips of Bacon, cut in ½ inch strips
• 1 ear corn, cut off cob ( ¾ cup frozen corn)
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
• ½ cup red bell peppers, finely diced
• ½ large avocado, diced into large pieces
• 1 cup cilantro’
• ¾ cup parmesan, grated
• 1/3 cup feta
• 2 small limes, thinly sliced
• Sour Cream (optional for topping pie)
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 1 cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 500F
2. In a bowl, combine water, honey and yeast. Allow to sit until bubbles form, about 5 minutes. Add in flour and salt and stir until a dough forms, Roll dough out on a floured surface into a large circle. Try to get the crust as thin as possible(this dough will be too tough if baked as a thicker crust pizza so get the dough cracker thin). Transfer to rolled out dough to a greased baking sheet. Transfer my dough I folded the dough in half and then in half again. Then I unfolded it on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp
3. Add heavy cream to sauce pot over medium high and once cream bubbles add grated parmesan and whisk till all cheese has melted. Set sauce aside to cool.
4. Add bacon to medium heat sauté pan and render fat and cook until desired doneness. Remove bacon and let rest on paper towel.
5. While pizza crust is baking, prepare your toppings by sautéing corn, tomatoes, peppers and avocado in some olive oil (1-2 tablespoons) over medium-high heat. Sauté until soft and a nice char appears on the corn.
6. Top baked pizza crust with parmesan cream and Feta cheese, bacon and return to oven to melt, should take 1 minute.
7. Remove crust from oven and top with corn mixture, cilantro and garnish with lime slices